- By Jessica Ballou
- June 15, 2018
On Friday, June 8, the Spotlight Media team delivered our new June magazines to more than 300 businesses throughout Fargo, Moorhead and West Fargo.
Spotlight Media employees visited area businesses to get the new issues out and be more involved in the community. This distribution day was part of a company-wide effort to be more efficient with all processes, including distribution.
Our employees paired off into teams and tackled a different part of the Fargo-Moorhead area. We all had a list of destinations to visit, and we grabbed several boxes each of Fargo Monthly, Fargo INC!, Design & Living Magazine and Bison Illustrated before hitting the streets.
After we finished our routes, we met back at our Spotlight Media office downtown to reconnect about the day and what we learned about our community while we were out and about.
Here’s what some of the Spotlight Media team had to say about our distribution day:
- Sales Executive Dan Helm: “It was a good way to end the week and get out and talk to people in the community that I wouldn’t have gotten to during a normal work day.”
- Design & Living Magazine Associate Publisher Chantell Ramberg: “It was great to see how much of the community appreciates our mission and what we do as a company. I felt fortunate to have a day dedicated to connecting with our audience.”
- Chief Operations Officer Steve Kruse: “It was a fun team building day and it was also fun to go into the different businesses and see how excited they were to see us when we walked in with their magazines! I also have a new found appreciation for what our distribution team does on a daily basis.”
- Design & Living Magazine Editor Becca Opp: “I love team delivery day. This year, the associate publisher of Design & Living Magazine and I had a great time getting out there and meeting our readers!”
- By Jessica Ballou
- May 10, 2018
Are you ready to dive into summer? Check out this special summer preview of upcoming content for Fargo Monthly, Fargo INC!, Design & Living Magazine and Bison Illustrated. More information will be coming soon for each of our magazines, so be on the look out for that. Check out the following and other great content this summer!
- The June cover story will be about all the different food trucks in Fargo. Chef Eric Watson from Rustica in Moorhead visited several food trucks in the area to give his culinary take on their food. The story will also include a full list of all the food trucks registered with the City of Fargo, so you definitely don’t want to miss that.
- Fargo Monthly got two exclusive interviews, one with musician Jonny Lang ahead of his show at the Fargo Theatre June 28 and one with local band Someday Heroes.
- The Burgers, Brews & BBQ Festival will be June 21, so check out a preview of the event so you know exactly what awesomeness to expect.
- The July cover story will all about pets! Whether you’re interested in dogs, cats or more exotic animals, you’ll definitely want to check this out.
- There will also be a preview of the Trollwood Mainstage Musical, Hello, Dolly! and a story about Dakota Montessori School, a new non-denominational and non-profit school.
- Fargo Monthly scored another exclusive interview, this time with Senator Heidi Heitkamp.
- The August cover story will focus on downtown Fargo.
- In June, Fargo INC! will be sitting down with RealTruck Founder Scott Bintz to talk about how he built a nine-figure e-commerce company in North Dakota and to preview his recently released book, “Principles to Fortune.”
- In July, as part of a partnership with TEDxFargo, Fargo INC! will feature two exclusive interviews, one with Microsoft President Brad Smith and one with Forbes Publisher Rich Karlgaard.
- The June cover story will be called “Room to Grow.” It’ll feature a nursery, kids’ rooms and more family-friendly spaces.
- The July cover story will be all about lake living with beautiful, luxurious cabins and homes.
- The August cover story will focus on the exterior of homes from outdoor living spaces to landscaping.
- The summer issues will mainly focus on season recaps for all NDSU sports. More information will be coming soon!
- By Jessica Ballou
- May 7, 2018
Design & Living Magazine will be mailed to the lakes area for June, July and August for special summer distribution like in previous years. Spotlight Media will use the USPS Every Door Direct Mail program to help deliver several thousand copies around Detroit Lakes, MN.
That’s not all; your favorite lakes country shops and boutiques will also carry Design & Living Magazine this summer.
Get ready for exclusive summer content, which includes:
- Touring stunning lake homes
- Visiting unique boutiques in lakes country
- Meeting undiscovered lakes artists
July 2017 issue. Keep an eye out for this summer’s lake homes cover!
Here’s what Becca Opp, Editor for Design & Living Magazine, said about the special summer distribution:
“We here in the FM area love visiting Lakes Country, so it’s no surprise that Design & Living Magazine is expanding our distribution for the summer!”
Don’t miss this exciting content, and be sure to pick up the June, July and August issues of Design & Living Magazine in lakes country soon!
Spotlight Media’s publication Design & Living Magazine took home an ADDY Award at the American Advertising Federation-North Dakota’s annual ADDY Awards held at the Holiday Inn in Fargo on Friday, February 23. The magazine won a gold award for cover/editorial spread or feature – series for the April, September and December 2017 issues.
Here’s what Becca Opp, Editor of Design & Living Magazine, said about winning the award:
“The Project Issue was the first cover of my career. I had just started working at Spotlight Media when I pitched an idea for the cover and reached out to the owners of The White House Co., who helped us stage the scene, which was then photographed by Jesse Hoorelbeke of J. Alan Paul Photography and edited by our graphic designer, Sarah Geiger.
“It was so meaningful to be recognized by the AAF of North Dakota because it just goes to show that we’re all using our talents to the best of our abilities. The September cover was our first cover to be shot by staff photographer, Hillary Ehlen, while the December cover featured styling by Gathered. Boutique Rentals & Events. Each of our covers truly are the result of a group effort, and I’d like to thank everyone who was involved in the creation of these three.”
ABOUT THE ADDY AWARDS
The ADDY Awards is hosted by the American Advertising Federation of North Dakota. The only national design award that’s judged and reviewed by other designers, the ADDYs are the advertising industry’s largest and most representative competition, with more than 60,000 entries across the country each year. Whether copy writing or full-on, multidimensional campaigns, AAF-ND members submit their best work to be judged at the local level and eventually districts and nationals if they continue to win.