Andrew Jason is the Editorial Director at Spotlight Media. He oversees the entire editorial department that produces Fargo Monthly, Design & Living Magazine, Stride Magazine and Bison Illustrated. North Dakota Today by Valley News Live asked Andrew to talk about new restaurants emerging in Fargo. Andrew never seems to disappoint when it comes to looking dapper on TV!
Valley News Live – KVLY/KXJB – Fargo/Grand Forks
As always, it’s been an exciting year here at Spotlight Media, and we’re taking a look back at what we’ve done. The upcoming Stride, Fargo Monthly, and Bison Illustrated issues will have a Year in Review feature and revisit the wonderful people we’ve worked with, events we’ve covered, and stories we’ve written. Take a look at what else we’ve got in store.
Design & Living
We’re proud to announce that Design & Living magazine is growing up. Our next issue of the Red River Valley’s premier interior and exterior design magazine will be bigger than ever. The new 10″ x 12″ publication will be a special product issue featuring dozens of amazing products you can find right here in Fargo-Moorhead. This is one issue you won’t want to miss.
Our editor picks the best stories of 2013, from an interview with Governor Dalrymple to our photoshoot with 32 Below. Also look for:
- Trebellion – All music fans take note. Alex Schaleben is making a name for himself in the electronic music scene.
- Toscana – Meet chef Mirco Marganti from Toscana, who is bringing authentic Italian food to Fargo.
Stride We’ll take a look back at Stride over the 2013 calendar year. Our favorite stories and photos will be highlighted and featured in this special edition of Stride. Other features will include:
- Interview with Erin Gruwell – Erin Gruwell changed the lives of her students in Room 203. The story of her and her students was made into a Hollywood film, “Freedom Writers.” We talk to Gruwell about education and the ability it has to break the cycle of poverty.
- Healthy Holiday Eating Tips – ‘Tis the season for sweet treats, and lots of them! We’ll provide helpful tips to curb your sugar cravings and trade them for something more healthy.
2013 was a great year for Bison Illustrated and Bison Athletics. Take a look back at the successful year. Also read up on:
- Bison History – Take a trip back to the late 1800s to learn how football arrived at NDSU and became the blockbuster sport we enjoy today.
- Leading Linemen – See Marcus Williams, Christian Dudzik and other Bison football linemen like you’ve never seen them before.
We at Spotlight Media are excited to be wrapping up a great year of business and publication in the FM area, and we are looking forward to the opportunities 2014 will bring. Read below for updates on each of our magazines and a quick peek at the coming months.
- Bison Illustrated will be launching a new reader app in the next couple weeks. It will be available on Google Play, the Apple App Store and the Kindle Store.
- Upcoming issue highlights:
- A day in the life of a Bison athlete
- “Where are they now?” with Bison alum Joel Vettel
- Upcoming issue:
- The shopping issue: A look at Fargo’s buzzing retail scene and a holiday shopping preview
- Tigirlily: We talk to Fargo’s hot new sister act about their album and what’s next
- Upcoming issue:
- Discover ways to give back to your community this holiday season
- Find out how the Bison football team stays in shape… and steal their secrets
Design and Living
- Our next D&L issue will be released this December. Highlights of our must-see Christmas issue include:
- Unique ways to make your home festive
- Outdoor decorating guide
- …and so much more! Read here for more details.
Design & Living is gradually becoming one of our most popular magazines. The designers and architects featured in the mag are always up-to-date on the hottest and trendiest designs. Here is a list of the people to lookout for the May’s issue:
- Katie Beyer – The leader of the Homesteading in the City movement in the F-M area.
- Tamara Hennessy – The owner of the Hennessy Homes store located in Grand Forks that focuses on repurposing and interior design.
- Jessica Thoreson and Allison Comstock – These pair of interior designers spread their ideas and offer tips about interior design in homes and condos around the F-M area.
- Maria Bosak – The owner of Eco Chic Boutique offers her tips on echo-friendly repurposing.
- Allison Comstock – The owner of AllisonNicole’s offers her services to any kind of repurposing project.
- Annie Poitra – The owner of ReDOUX creates any custom furniture out of rustic or just about any industrial pieces.
- Leanne Sucrow – The owner of The Studio specializes in furniture and any kind of home decor.
- Stevie Famulari – This professor from New York dabbles in art as well as landscape architecture.
We like to think the team here at Spotlight is similar to a family. We all lean on each other for support to get our magazines finished every month and we do this by working as a team. Another team we play for is our families.
Nothings bring families together more than the holidays. The food, the festivities, the fun, all of it brings together the family like no other time of year. At Spotlight, we understand the important role the holidays play in everyone’s life. Making you holiday season special is our number one priority.
This November, we will be releasing our very first Design & Living Holiday Issue! There are endless amounts of creative ideas for your home during the holiday season and we are here to help you find the right one.
Festive decorations and getting your home in the holiday spirit is important and we have you covered. From giant wreaths to feet upon feet of garland, the holiday issue has all the ideas to make you home a beautiful winter wonderland. Don’t forget about the front yard decorations! Take a peak at our massive front yard arrangements and find the one that’s right for you.
Create something your family will truly appreciate and love together because isn’t that what the holidays are about, pushing pause on our busy day-to-day lives to enjoy this special time of year with the ones we love?
Lookout for the Design & Living Holiday Issue, coming in November.